[Midnight Rambling] Not Even Close

Credit: Pascal Campion Art

The girl behind the sink was humming a cheerful song as she washed the dishes.

She looked happy these days so I encouraged myself to ask.

"So, Jane."

"Yes?"

"How was it?"

She turned her head a moment, looking at me. "What?"

"About him?"

"Him?"

"Have you moved on?"

She frowned. Confused.

"Have you?" I repeated. "Moved on?"

This time she raised her brows. "Me?"

"Yes," I replied. "You."

She stopped her activity, staring at the ceiling. Apparently thinking.

Well, she smiled and sighed.

There was a pause.

Hell. I knew this look.

I guessed I just successfully made her staring across, flashing back all the memories.

And her smile slowly fade.

I could see clearly that grief which appeared in her eyes. She's not lying.

Then, her lips shook for seconds as she whispered low.

"Not even close."

Comments

Popular Posts