17 Things I am Grateful for in 2017


This year has been very rough. I even came to this point when I was asking (life, or God probably), why is my life so messy? When problems came shaking my faith, I convinced myself, "It can't be getting any worse than this."

Unfortunately, it can.

Like, life just hits you whenever you're trying to get back up again.

I remember one day when I did my morning routine reading my bible, I got this verse from The Book of Job. When he was suffering he said that bad things occurred every time he started to hope for the better. I totally can relate to that.

Well, despite all this pain, I realize there are lots of happy times that happened in 2017.
I try to only focus on the things that I'm grateful for this year and list them out.

  1. Took one day off for Dufan date. This is indeed a good memory. The amusement park was not really crowded (since I came on weekdays) and the most important thing is I didn't need to queue. 
  2. There was this writing competition that I participated in. And guess what? My not-really-good short story was published and I was also chosen as one of the best writers, hehe hehe.
  3. Purchased a new phone with high quality camera (imo) with cheaper price than my old one. At this moment, this is one of my favorite things.
  4. Also purchased my very first acoustic guitar, yay! I love the sound and it's definitely cooler than my neck-broken old guitar.
  5. Learned to play barre chords. This is haunting me for the last whole year, for every time I wanna learn new songs, the obstacle was always on the barre chords. I must admit, it is so much easier to play any songs when you master it.
  6. Tried Indian cuisines for the first time. Indian cuisines use lots of spices, but good. I can't say it was super delicious. But yeah, they're good.
  7. Arranged a bridal shower for a friend. What makes it unforgettable was the time I spent together with my girlfriends to arrange everything and the bridal shower moments I spent with both the girls and boys playing games, opening secrets to one another. This strengthens our bond. 
  8. Watched electronic pop music (I assume) concert. Have you ever come to a concert where the main star is the guitarist, and the vocalist is just for additional sound? I have. And it was strange, but in a good way.
  9. I think at that time I was too stressed that I decided to cut my hair short. Never been this short in my lifetime, anyway. :\ But I got compliments from several people about this new hair, so I think this time my compulsive decision is not so bad.
  10. Bought Lexie Xu's latest novel. I read her first book around 2013/2014 and has been her fan ever since. I did book review of her Omen Series here, just in case you're curious. All I can say is her books never disappoint me. It's worth every penny.
  11. Had a chance to celebrate Christmas this year. I always love Christmas. It is the best holiday of the year and I've been waiting for this season since April. 
  12. Started to set wifi at home. No need further explanation. Internet is life, period.
  13. Had a vacation to Bangka with high school friends. Bangka is such a paradise island. Made a blog post about it here.
  14. Bought half-priced books from Gramedia because it was harbolnas (National Online Shopping Day). I got books that I wanted for so long and I feel delighted :) Gramedia needs to make this event every year.
  15. Played this (not so) secret santa with high school friends.
  16. Got a present from my santa : new make up pouch that has a very nice and comfortable materials to touch. Ultra love it. 💕
  17. Have a new hope for better 2018.
Now my favorite month of the year is about to come to its end. It's really sad to think about how long I've waited for this moment and December will end in just several hours. 

But I'm glad that I can come to this point, and be grateful for things God gave me.
Till we meet again, December. I'll always wait for your coming. 

Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts